tag:https://sites.google.com/bedfordps.org/laneschoolsummerreading2021/home Lane Library BookWorm Blog: HOW I, NICKY FLYNN, FINALLY GET A LIFE (AND A DOG) by Art Corriveau

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

HOW I, NICKY FLYNN, FINALLY GET A LIFE (AND A DOG) by Art Corriveau

Plot:  Nicky Flynn's parents got a divorce so he moved to a new to a new town with his mom and got a dog. Nicky runs away to his dad because he never sees him.  Nicky tries to find out why Reggie was in a shelter. Nicky and his mom getting along and happy with Reggie.

Conflict:  Nicky is in conflict with his parents because his dad never sees him and he blames his mom, but he always gets yelled at for blaming her.  His mom drinks way too much wine at dinner and at night.  

Character Change:  Nicky changed after getting a dog.  Through out the story, he begins to learn the history of Reggie and begins to like him more an more.  In the end, he actually realized that he could count on Reggie to be his friend and decided to keep him instead of giving him back to the pound.  Also he realized that he doesn't blame his mom anymore for the divorce and not seeing his dad enough.

Relate:  The three things that I relate to him is that my mom and dad are divorced and my friends name is Nick.  I understand Nicky's feelings about the divorce and not seeing his dad much, but I'm lucky because I see my dad every day.

Rating:  ****

TYLER Room 10

No comments: