tag:https://sites.google.com/bedfordps.org/laneschoolsummerreading2021/home Lane Library BookWorm Blog: Christmas After All: Minnie’s Great Depression Diary by Kathryn Lasky

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Christmas After All: Minnie’s Great Depression Diary by Kathryn Lasky

This book is about a girl in the Great Depression who is trying to bring Christmas together with her family. It shows the entertainment and troubles they had during the Depression in Minnie’s diary. My favorite part is toward the end when the Christmas ends up being a good one. Even through all those tough times, it shows how close they were together. Also when the father came back home, it brought joy to my heart. I think children who are 9-13 years old will enjoy this book I think both boys and girls will read this book. But if your doing a report on this like I did I would suggest girls who are 11 or 12. Parts of the book children would not understand or have never heard of before. So doing extra research would be nice. RATING: *** Amber Hood

No comments: